Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Wisconsin State Fair

A day at the fair always begins with the GIANT SLIDE! The picture doesn't do it justice.....It was SUPER fun! and if I had anything to say about it we would go up and down all day long! Going down the slide is such a great childhood memory for me and sharing it Adam and Aggie was really cool.


Next, you have to go see all the cows. About one million of them! However, whew! on a hot day it sure is stinky!



Food on a Stick is next in order. Yes, this is Chocolate covered Bacon on a stick....for the record, I thought is was pretty gross.



Next we tried the "jump-a-tron" (Not really sure what it was called). I was unsure if Adam would enjoy this experience. He was timid at first and then finally listened to mommy and daddy yell JUMP! THEN, he was flying high! My heart skipped a couple of beats when he really went soaring, but his face just beamed with sheer delight!








The day wouldn't be complete without a picture like this............


or a picture by a really huge tractor.......


And the day wrapped up with a video about POTTY POWER!



We watched it a 2nd time and I captured Lee really taking it all in...



Enjoy some Summer Time Fun Everyone!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks like you had a fun day at the fair.

James and Melanie said...

Fun! I love the slide! I could go up and down all day too! You two darlings are adorable! Oh and the "stick food," I suppose any kind of food that is covered in chocolate and/or deep fried can be sold on a stick. But I agree with you, gross!

kelly said...

Love those jumping pictures! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Can I be your next adopted child? Your family is SO much fun! I bet you've never been happier in your life!

Brooke Taylor said...

Thanks for sharing. Btw, our boys loved the Potty Power DVD too, those catchy songs get stuck your head!:) Love the fair photos, you are a blessed family!

Tom and Kara said...

Ohmigosh Potty Power!! I just died laughing, especially when I saw Lee so absorbed, wine glass in hand. TOO FUNNY!! You guys are great.

sarah said...

Oh, how I love the fair! Always best enjoyed with a large enough group of people that we can try all best (read: grossest) food available. :) Love the shots of Adam in the jumping contraption... Too adorable.

magdalena said...

Hi!
My name is Magdalena and I live in Sweden with my Irish husband. I have been following your blog for a while and thankyou so much for sharing your story and your life! Your blog (and many other poland blogs) has helped me during the long wait that adoption is. We sent our papers to Poland in february and where very lucky to get "the call" already in July that a little boy was waiting for us! We have already been visiting twice and in early October we get to pick him up for our long stay in Poland! Though I'm not very good at blogging myself I'm looking forward to read more of your blog. Take care! Magdalena

The Rzentkowski's said...

Your children are getting so big! It looks like you've had quite the summer.

Jennifer said...

Wow! That fair looks amazing. I don't know if my heart could have handled Adam jumping that high. I have to work on my helicopter tendencies........

I expected fried cheese on a stick or something given you live in Wisconsin.

Potty Power is all new to me, but I am off to google it. I have two not potty trained, but hoping maybe the one learns at the transition home. Feel free to tell me all your secrets to training them. :-)