Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where will all the GEAR go?

Lee and I went camping for 18 hours (4pm-10am) yesterday.  This tent represents about 1/100th of the total GEAR.  Yes, I am a site camper (Lee is a back woods camper).  If I am going to go camping, I want to be comfortable.  There, I said it.   I like to have access to all the amenities.  It just makes me happier to know that a ....well, fairly clean, flushable toilet is within a 5 minute walk, or running water is within an arms reach, and for certain...there has to be somewhere to plug in a radio or a frying pan to make bacon in the morning!   It's a hoot!  I know it!  But that is just me.  We loaded up the truck Saturday afternoon and did not have one ounce of extra room.  For just ONE night, we were loaded down!  This got me to thinking.....WHERE  is all the KID GEAR going to go?  We had much discussion about it over dinner and our campfire.  The kid gear LIST got very long and we were at one point stressing a bit, and then we decided it didn't matter.  We would figure out how to take it all with us somehow!  The point to remember is to just continue having fun together, the gear will follow (in the trailer we need to buy)..........Oh, and let's not forget all the DOG gear too!  Have a great week everyone!!











Flank Steak Marinade:  Simply FANTASTIC!
1/4 Cup Oil
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T Soy Sauce 
2 T Grated Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1 tsp  Celery Sauce
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
(Marinate MINIMUM 1 day!) No more than 8 minutes per side on the Grill!



We are just goofy!








This is what you look like about 3 seconds after your dog licks your face in the pitch dark!

5 comments:

sarah said...

We joke about that a lot... it takes the same amount of gear to go camping for a night as it does for a week!

It sounds like you camp a lot like me, although I am even wimpier - cereal and rolls for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and then grilling for dinner... the fewer dishes we produce, the better!

Jeff and Debbie said...

Martha, I just love, love, love, your spirit!

I'm even wimpier than you and Sarah, in that we had a camper that slept 8 for just jeff & I. :)

James and Melanie said...

You two are so cute! DOn't worry about the "kid gear." I am just like you! I love to be prepared and comfortable. But once you get to Poland and realize you have to walk everywhere, the kid gear keeps getting smaller and smaller. We started off carrying so much and quickly realized that not much was really used. So now a diaper, wipes, sippy, and bowl of cheerios is about all we take anywhere and that sits well in the basket under the stroller! I will say though, your baby shower will be a blast because baby stuff is more fun than our own! Enjoy your time together!

Shelly said...

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shelly Dowding and my husband and I were in Poland last summer adopting our son, Michal. I found your blog from another I have been following. Good luck to you during your waiting time. THE phone call will come when you least expect it.

James and Melanie said...

About the internet, we were told that in Warsaw almost every apartment has internet access. If not, then it would at least be in the lobby. We found this to be true. Both the hotel and the apartment we have been in have had internet. A helpful hint, bring your own ethernet cable. The one at the hotel did not work in our computer, but the one we brought did. The cable at the apartment works fine!