Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Gift of a Rainy Saturday Morning




The gift of a rainy Saturday morning..... Last night I fell asleep exhausted, stressed, mentally drained and without any spirit.  I had enough of the day and was ready to put it behind  me...as far as I could.  Not really anticipating

a brighter tomorrow, I fell asleep.  I slept rock solid; one of those nights when all the muscles in your body break apart and you awake in the same position you laid down the night before.  The clock said 4:50am and on a normal work day this would be 10 minutes prior to the alarm began shaking my world.   Instead.....it was raining.....a soft rain, not buckets, just  ever so soft droplets and a quiet roll of thunder.......I rolled over and fell back to sleep.  The gift was given and I was receiving.  Approximately 10 hours after laying my head down in despair, I opened an eyelid.......again.   The sun wasn't shining, it was dark, it was 9 am, and I was starting to feel alive again.  I crept around the house, made some coffee, and enjoyed the quiet time to reflect and ponder.    These types of "perfect" Saturday mornings don't come around to often and I was going to embrace  it.  In fact, what if this type of Saturday morning where the rain and rest came together with exact timing never came again?.......hmmmmm, I think that would be okay, because maybe that meant it was time to fill our home with laughter, and morning cartoons,  Daddy's pancakes and the beginning of day with a child.   The waiting continues, as well as, the anticipation and excitement......and the rain.

4 comments:

James and Melanie said...

Relax and enjoy the moment. Life moves fast even when it seems so slow. We thought we would never make it here to meet our son, but yet, here we are. God made it all work out and in his perfect timing. So, relax in knowing that God has it all under control!

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

Enjoy every morning you can wake up and go back to sleep. Enjoy every morning when you can wake up at 9am.

I can now say from experience, I truly miss waking up at 10am or the crack of noon on a Saturday morning.

Instead I wake up at 2am when my youngest visits the bathroom. I wake up at 6am when my oldest wakes up.

Yeah, that's 6am regardless of what day of the week it is and what time he went to sleep!

Enjoy the sleep as much as you can now. You'll miss it one day.

Jeff and Debbie said...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and soul, lean not in your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5) In other words, for some of us things moved quickly, for others more slowly, but for each of us just right. It to will be perfect for you when understood it's God's timing that counts.

I hope you danced........?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lee and Martha,

I just found your blog - thank you for sharing! We just received our I-800A receipt from USCIS to adopt from Poland as well. Our timelines are not that far apart! I will enjoy watching your journey as we enjoy our own. Take care!
Allison