Sunday, September 20, 2009


Glitter Text @ Glitterfy.com

On 9/8 we received an e-mail from LSS NY stating they had a referral for us to consider.  That was at 9:18 am, however, Lee and I weren't able to coordinate time to talk with them until 5:30pm that evening!  I think that might have ranked up there as the longest day of our lives! When we finally connected, Sue from LSS stated "this referral is a little bit different!"  .....and Lee and I looked at each other - Huh?   "that's because it is for 2 !!"  At which point our jaws dropped and our eyes began to swell and we were completely overcome.  Wow!  
Ask and you shall receive!~

We were given pictures and medical reports over e-mail which we quickly sent to the International Adoption Clinic at the Children's Hospital in Milwaukee for review, and after lots of prayer and loving discussion with our families We ACCEPTED.    Our son is almost 3 years old and his younger sister is 17 months.    Travel plans are in the works and I will post more about that soon.  It caught us a little off guard when LSS asked  "How soon are you able to travel?"   (again the jaw dropping thing) - Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I can tell you that we have "tried" going to Baby's R Us twice and each time left completely overwhelmed.   Is there a reason why there needs to be 50 different types of  car seats or strollers?!     I have since decided to concentrate on creating 2 scrap books to bring with us loaded with pictures of ourselves and our families as this is something I know much more about.   

Honestly, this is an incredibly stressful time and emotionally charged and  my thoughts often wander to the birth parents and what a wonderful gift of love they have given.  We promise we will welcome their children with arms and hearts wide open forever and never forget how grateful we are to them.  

14 comments:

lee said...

Wow, we are so happy for you...and excited to hear more! We can't wait to welcome the newest members of the family.

Lots of love,
Martha and Hanna Lee

Anonymous said...

What an absolute dream. Congratulations! You are such wonderful, deserving parents. I can't wait for your posts from Poland!!!

C Speh said...

Yae! Congrats! Hope your first trip comes soon. Such great ages.

If you get to make two trips you may want to wait until after your first trip to figure out what you may need, especially clothes. After seeing and holding your kids the blur at Babies R Us will start to go away! Plus, you will definitely need a distraction between the two trips because that was the hardest wait of all.

I have a list of all of the Polish words our 3 year old spoke and how she pronounced them. Let me know if you think it might be helpful in communicating with your little boy:)

Good luck -

PolishMom said...

Oh...your post gave me goosebumps! Can't wait to hear when you're leaving and getting to bring home your Polish Prince and Princess!!

sarah said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear more about your new little ones. :)

kelly said...

Congrats!!! Such exciting news, I hope you meet them soon!!

Shelly said...

This is such great news! I am so happy for you and so happy for us that we can follow another family in Poland. It sounds like things will be moving very fast for you. Our blog is http://dowdingsinpoland.blogspot.com if you would like to read it. We came home August of 2008 and have been home over a year now. The time sure goes by fast. I am so excited for your journey.

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

That's fantastic news! Your son and daughter's age difference is the same as my two eldest.

I agree with you - Toys R Us is overwhelming. It took us five trips before we ended up just borrowing a stroller.

Good luck with the preparations. I'm really excited for you.

Shelly said...

Hi again, I apologize for giving you my adoption blog address a second time. You had already replied that you read it. Our new blog is http://ourdowdinglife.blogspot.com/ I will be making the first post on October 4th. I can't wait to hear more about your travel plans. It sounds like things are going to be moving very quickly for you.

Tom and Kara said...

Ahhh!!! I am so happy for you!!! I have been checking in daily to see if you were going to accept that referral! I can't wait for the next steps!

James and Melanie said...

Congrats! I can imagine how overwhelmed you are! It all happened so fast for you! I agree with the others, don't worry to much about getting everything now. We tried to have it all ready and ended up having to switch out all his clothes because they were all to big. Can't wait to hear more! How exciting!

James and Melanie said...

Do you have my email or can I have yours? When we were in Warsaw, I believe your two children were the two our facilitator (same as yours) told us about. I have a neat little story for you if so. What region are your two from!

Lee and Martha said...

Melanie - Feel free to e-mail me!!
Martha.hanson@yahoo.com I can't wait to touch base with you!! You have me on pins and needles!

yente said...

Dear Martha and Lee,

I am so happy for you and your children. Your hearts are so loving and will make a very warm home for everyone.
I was overwhelmed to receive your Christmas photocard and more excited to read the NEWS!!!
Can't wait to read when the whole family will be home and ready to start a great family adventure of life.
Alan would have been so happy for you. I will be looking forward to reading all about your family.

Thanks for keeping in touch,
Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday and a healthy year to come.

Love,
Shelly Finkelman