Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some Good Advice

I received some good advice from a friend who told Lee and I to keep busy during the next couple of weeks and months and get done every little project we have ever wanted to complete. Part of the reason behind this is because you don't want to get caught up in the  "hurry up and wait" game and right now we are awaiting Poland's official acceptance of our acceptance.  Plus, life just may not accommodate your time table later on.

SO, with that being said our projects include:

*Remodel the master bedroom  closet (it is going to be Di-No-Mite!)  
*Buy and assemble little boy furniture
*Finish my family scrapbooks to current date ( I am slightly behind)
*Paint Daughter's room
*Refinish my Mom's  tiny dresser with mirror (I am going to have to show you a picture when it's done because it is really cute)
*Clean Basement (ugh)
*Start addressing Christmas Cards (I know that sounds crazy, but it did make the list)
*Organize my recipe cards
*Put camping gear away for the season in the crawl space.
*Give Dog a bath (Lee's list)
And in typical "Martha" fashion I have tried to start all these projects at once and now the house is a mess, so we'll have to add Clean House to the list.   Ha!  
Have a great week everyone!!

6 comments:

C Speh said...

Addressing Christmas cards now doesn't seem so out of it when you think about potential timing of your trips. Have they talked to you at all about your timing? Is it possible you will be there over Christmas and New Years!

I hope you get your official acceptance of your acceptance soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have enough time to complete everything on your checklist. Let's get you two to Poland!!!

I've been checking your blog twice a day to see if you have a travel date yet. I don't think I ever been so excited for someone I don't know.

Have fun preparing their rooms!

sarah said...

Glad to hear you are keeping busy, but I second Julie's comment about hoping you don't have enough time to get through the list! :)

kelly said...

I agree, address your Christmas cards now & let's hope you don't have time to finish your projects before travel!! We were there over Christmas & New Year '07-'08, it was cold & snowy :-) So excited for you guys!!

Tom and Kara said...

You sound just like me- all projects at once!!! But getting together their bedrooms-how exciting that is I can't imagine!!

Lee and Martha said...

YOU ALL ARE THE GREATEST!!! and You just make my laugh and smile ~ Thank you!