Sunday, December 13, 2009


Not Flesh of My Flesh,
Nor Bone of My Bone,
But Still Miraculously My Own.
Never Forget for a Single Minute,
You Didn't Grow Under My Heart - But In It.




My sisters & my nieces hosted a Toddler Shower for Lee and I this weekend. It was a wonderful time and we are truly blessed. Every one's generosity has me speechless and feelings of excitement and anticipation keep growing and growing inside of me. We can't wait for Adam and Agnieszka to meet the many loving, kind and caring people that exist in our world.


The very first gift I opened, believe it or not, I started to become teary eyed.
I wasn't expecting to, but it just happened.
I reached into a gift bag and pulled out a beautiful plaque which looked like this.

Journey.
"I know the plans I have
for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and
not harm you, plans to
give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

I read it aloud and in hindsight this gift, at that moment, was perfect.
It meant God was present.
Jeremiah 29:11 is a bible verse that has become a guiding light for Lee and I. Often we recite it at different times, but it is those times when it appears unexpectedly and randomly that we are reminded there is such a great and powerful director orchestrating the most beautiful love song ever to be played in our lives.

From there we went into a whole lot of O's and Ah's and a pretty funny moment when everyone was telling me about letting Play Dough dry first before vacuuming it up off the floor. I winked but replied "Why would there be play dough on the floor?" :)
Then everyone started telling me that our home was not child proof enough. But I have every electrical outlet plugged up? We then together counted a minimum of 5 glass vases and one wall mounted candelabra that had to be put away for a few years.

Then we got to the TOWER OF SAFETY!
Let's count them: ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR Car Seats!...... Whoa.



Merry Christmas Everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha I'm beginning to think that you have some kind of Gremlin syndrome. Things just keep multiplying; kids, cribs, now car seats!
I'd like to chat with you before you leave again. I'm not sure how soon you could be called to return to Poland, but I hope it is soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Your shower looked lovely. The plaque was a perfect present. It won't be too long now before you get that phone call telling you it is time to return to get your FAMILY! My husband told me tonight that we could finally eat an entire family pizza (guilt free) because we were now officially a family. You're guilt free family pizza eating days are on their way! I am so happy for you and so excited for your time in Poland.

C Speh said...

Love the updates and can't wait to hear when you get your call. I usually check the weather in Gdansk when checking weather just to see the temperatures our daughter is used to. Snowing all week up there!!!!!
Gotta love the four car seats.....

sarah said...

What an awesome family you have! I love the photo with all your car seats. :) I can't wait to read your post telling us that you are on your way!

Rebecca W. said...

How sweet of your friends and family. Hope that call comes soon.

Jeff and Debbie said...

Wonderful reminders like the plaques are so humbling. Great gift! As for those car seats, you can never have enough. I'm finding myself constantly changing Kasia's seat from my car to husband's car and am considering getting another one. 2 kids x 2 cars = 4 car seats :)

God Bless Us Everyone!