Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Found the Chair!!

It is hard to believe only 2 weeks have gone by since we returned because if I had to guess I would say it feels like at least a month or two. Time is moving very slowly.....including the next phase of paperwork. It's my understanding that we are awaiting the children's birth certificates from Warsaw in order to submit to USCIS. So, I am thankful the holidays are upon us because it gives me the opportunity to keep busy and go shopping!! :) and if I am out shopping I can't help but stop at The Carter's or The Children's Place stores and marvel at all the cute stuff. It is wonderful to have met the children and have a sense of what they would look like in the clothes!


From a previous post I promised to show everyone the trick to turning on the lights in your hotel room! Here it is!


After we walked into our guest room, Lee and I spent about 10 minutes checking every plug and turning every switch trying to figure out the lights. Finally, I headed down the hall to Magda's room to humbly ask for help with turning our lights on. I felt so silly! She was kind and patient and explained the key card has to be placed into the slot.... and Presto! Every light came on! (to our defense we had been up for well over 24 hours and we were not at the top of our game!!) It was pretty funny!

After some well deserved sleep we felt better about conquering the issue with "running out of battery power". Ha! The transformer plug was so heavy that when it was connected to another plug it pulled out of the wall and would never charge. There was a definite moment of panic before we put our heads together and came up with this!



Lee and I both feel strongly that we need to get our children some basic building blocks to play with when they get home. How else would you learn to do something like this! :)


Another "funny" we had was interpreting this next picture...... I thought for sure the circus had to be in town because the little girl in the picture was holding some candy on a stick! or a balloon! (Everything is "on-a-stick" in Wisconsin at the Fair) The realist that Lee is promptly informed me that it was a cross walk (oh, I knew that I just thought it would be fun to go see the monkey's!! Te, He, He)



Okay, one more......




This was Agnieszka's favorite chair. It's made by Fisher Price and her caregivers carried it to her where ever she was. I bet she could sit and play all day long with it. On our last day, I told her that Daddy promised to find the chair and have it at home waiting for her. Well, after a quick search on the Internet, we discovered the chair had been recalled!! I was relieved to discover that a fix had been issued by Fisher Price, but they weren't selling the chair any more.

THANK GOODNESS for E-BAY!!!
I FOUND THE CHAIR!!! and hopefully it will be delivered next week! Hallelujah!
Here's hoping your holiday is filled with Hope and Excitement of the events to come!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just cracking up! Is the light switch thing a way to conserve energy? It's a great idea for the forgetful, I lose those card keys all the time.

I hope you have some travel dates soon!

Lee and Martha said...

Julie -- you are going to be in the dark if you loose your card! (PS - Magda did say it was to help conserve energy!!) :)

Shelly said...

Funny memories to share when retelling the "how we came to be a family" stories. I am so glad that you were able to find the chair. She is going to love it.

Your computer should work on European voltage, you will just need to get a plug converter and not a power converter; this should help with the weight issues. Also my macbook has a cord that connects to the battery that then connects to the wall, this would also help to eleviate extra weight on the plug.

Email if this doesn't make any sense... I have a really bad head cold and am probably not explaining this as well as I could.

Wishing you a speedy referral!

Rebecca W. said...

How sweet, glad you could find the chair. What a sweet picture of her and chair.

Tom and Kara said...

You are going to be such a great mom, that is so awesome that you found her "chair"-despite the obstacles!! I am sure she will be so excited to see it. TAke care!

James and Melanie said...

Oh Yes! The card/light thing! We had the same problem when we arrived at our hotel and yes, we were sleep deprived too. Don't feel so bad, we had to ask the front desk staff how to work the elevator. We needed our key for that too! By the time we got to our room, we were primed!

Also, your computer should work fine without a voltage converter. They are made to withstand European voltage. We only had to use the plug converter and our laptop ran fine the whole time we were there!

Jeff and Debbie said...

Ah the memories the light card story brings back! We didn't have the benefit of anyone being with us the first night in Poland so it took us a little longer than 10 minutes. Fortunately it was during the day and we didn't have to do it in the dark!

Thanks for the chuckle!