Friday, May 21, 2010

The Fun Continues!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: The Fun Continues!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free digital slideshow


The last two weeks have been a splash of activity including a lap with a flu bug that took everyone down with 103 temps. We also started day care and I headed back to work. I was greeted by many smiling faces and a wonderful welcome back sign and then my computer slapped me with 6,196 e-mails! We will skip right over that because on Monday I have decided to just delete them all!! (except the ones from my Director!!) :)

We have also decided to have the children re-vaccinated. Lee and I have been very hesitant because we really feel Poland provided excellent medical care for the children and we did not want to put the Adam and Aggie through this. However after it was recommended by Children's Hospital and encouraged by our own Pediatrician, we go on Monday (Shhhh, don't tell the Kids!) for our first round. I see many trips to Cold Stone Creamery in our future!

Day Care (after two days) seems okay. Neither child napped or ate much and I suspect that it was due to nervousness and anxiety. One of the days was rainy and they didn't get to go outside either. Lee picked up hungry, sleepy kids who hadn't burned off any energy - Whoa! I didn't know monsters could still be so cute!

Adam has also started using the word "No" instead of "Nie". The first time we heard it we jumped up and down and got all excited, but then quickly realized we had just cemented positive reinforcement for his defiant act. Oh, well.....it was pretty exciting!

Our other exciting moment was .......drum roll please......Aggie went poopie in the potty!!! That was another rejoicing moment that just had me cracking up! Her big brother HAD to sit on the potty after that circus moment, but nothing came out. Bummer - because you can't flush the toilet if you don't go to the potty!! so, of course the tears flowed instead.

Lastly, I went to Walgreens and printed 1032 pictures from our 8 weeks in Poland. Not bad! I think it will take me 5 years to scrapbook all the photos!!

Make it a great day Everyone!

11 comments:

Rebecca W. said...

What wonderful pictures:) Sorry about the flu.

Anonymous said...

OMG! The kisses for Daddy and the shoes!

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

Oh dear, vaccination time! I dreaded that, and postponed the doctor visit until I found the right doctor (nine months!). I ended up getting the kids tested (blood tests) for the titers. Everything came back negative! I was thrilled. They didn't need any vaccinations.

Two weeks ago, I took them for their annual exam, and they just needed the regular booster shots for their age. But I'm glad I didn't have to go through it a year ago.

Yes, notice I'm saying I'm glad _I_ didn't have to go through it. You see, the kids - they couldn't care less about shots. They love the prizes they get after each shot or painful visit to the doctor/dentist. They get chewing gum or candy. That's about the only time they get candy, so needless to say they get more excited about THAT than the pain from a shot.

Me - I get extremely anxious any time I'm about to inflict pain on my children. I just cringe from the thought of it. I suffer all week prior and I can't even hold them still because I'm more stressed than they are. So I just tell my husband to do the job. That's what husbands are for anyway.

Ramie said...

They look like they have been in your home forever and that you have been a family forever! It is wonderful! I watched the show once alone and then once with Vito! He is not a poster or a commentor but he always reads everything and love seeing pictures of your family!

Vito said...

It is wonderful to see you living a normal (of course hectic) life. Ramie is right... I constantly check in on your family to see how you are doing. Your blogging has helped us immensely (plus it is just fun to follow!). It is great to see you home and as a beautiful family.

Tom and Kara said...

Thank you for the update! I LOVE the one where daddy is getting kisses! I hope you will be able to join us at Polish fest in June, I saw that the Rzentkowski's posted the information on your blog. If not, maybe next year!

Heidi said...

Wonderful pictures!! I agree with Ramie, it looks like you have always been a family.

Lee and Martha said...

Thanks Everyone! We will definitely be at Polish Fest on Saturday. We are looking forward to it.
Shots at the doctors went as well as could be expected. There were lots of tears! But lots of French Fries afterwards!! Te, He, He!!!

Vito - Life is hectic. A wise friend of mine said having one child is like "having one child", but having 2 or more is like having 20. It's very true!

kelly said...

Love the pictures & stories!! I can totally relate to taking 5 years to scrapbook the time in Poland and first few months home:-)

Shelly said...

What a wonderful couple of weeks. So much going on in such a short period of time. I am responding on Friday, which means that your emails should all be gone by now. I bet that felt good.

We had to reimmunize our little one too. We found out Some of his immunizations didn't take in Poland, so we too decided to redo everything. His first trip he got 7 pokes/shots. Owee....

Your family looks happy as ever. So glad to see everyone is doing well, and pooping in the potty!!!

Shelly said...

What a wonderful couple of weeks. So much going on in such a short period of time. I am responding on Friday, which means that your emails should all be gone by now. I bet that felt good.

We had to reimmunize our little one too. We found out Some of his immunizations didn't take in Poland, so we too decided to redo everything. His first trip he got 7 pokes/shots. Owee....

Your family looks happy as ever. So glad to see everyone is doing well, and pooping in the potty!!!