Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Good to be Home

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: It's Good to be Home
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow made with Smilebox


Yes, it' good to be home and after 2 weeks of settling in we are On Our Way to being a happy family. We have had many visitors and it was especially heartwarming when Adam and Aggie met my Dad, Grandpa John, for the first time. Finally! A Grandson! :)

We are transitioning well and I have been pleasantly surprised at how great Adam and Aggie are napping and eating. We (myself included on some days) take 2 to 2 1/2 hour naps! It's Wonderful! One afternoon, they were asleep for 3 1/2 hours and I had to go check on them twice just to make sure everything was all right. ( I remembered...Never wake a sleeping baby!) On top of that, we still go down for bed at 7pm and wake up at 6am without any interruptions.

We have been very busy with pediatrician and various doctor appointments, day care visits, trips to the zoo, shopping, exploring, social worker visits and enjoying Spring. Everything in the house had to be "tweaked", re-organized and child-proofed just a bit more and so far (knock on wood) nothing has been broken. It's come close a time or two, but so far so good! My friends were right.....our home wasn't baby-proofed enough!

We have also started really enjoying bath time..... in a real tub! Lee said "no" to naked-baby pictures on the blog, but let me tell their little butts are super cute! Te, He, he!!

Lastly, we love Laurie Berkner's CD, Under A Shady Tree. Mommy's favorite is "I'm Gonna Catch You", Adam loves "Song in my Tummy" and Aggie.....She loves them all! I highly recommend downloading the album. You won't be disappointed!

All is well and it's so good to be home!

12 comments:

kelly said...

Cute, cute!! So glad things are going well at home! Isn't it great to have a good night's sleep in your own bed :-)

Ramie said...

I am so happy you are all home. Sounds like you are enjoying every moment....and the kids look so happy! I love all of the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, happy tears! Such beautiful pictures.
I've been wondering about the bathtub thing, most of the online appartments I have been looking for have shower stalls.
It is SO great to see you all home and settling in.

sarah said...

What cuties! Glad to hear everyone is adjusting well and that you are getting out to explore with Adam and Aggie.

Heidi said...

I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well. Adam and Aggie are so cute!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Glad you are home with your family.

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

Beautiful photos!!! I am so thrilled to hear you guys are settling down and that your kids are actually sleeping through the night. From personal experience, it's a true blessing!
Enjoy the new life as parents. Don't forget to take videos as well. One day you'll miss those cute voices.

Tom and Kara said...

You have the cutest little munchkins ever! I love the "Yea for family" pictures. I am happy for you that the transition home has been going better than you hoped. Thank you for sharing!!

The Rzentkowski's said...

Happy Mother's Day! Glad to hear/see you're all settling in so wonderfully. Did you follow any of the Polish Fest talk while you were in Warsaw?

Several of us plan to get together on Saturday, 6/19 and hope your family can make it.

Tom and Kara said...

And Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!

James and Melanie said...

I love the update! When we brought BJ home, he was taking super huge naps and extra long night siestas! One nap time we let him sleep for 5 hours and decided that he should probably be woken up. He was sooo sleepy! Sounds like things are moving along nicely. Pretty soon being a family of 4 will be normal daily life for you. Love the pictures!

Shelly said...

ok...seriously... I was smiling...almost giggling from the beginning to the end of the video. I loved the Yays to everyone, and I love that you are home. I remember how exciting it was. I will definitely check out the CD. Thanks for the recomendation.