Sunday, June 20, 2010

We have been on the GO!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: We have been on the GO!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox



As I started to review our pictures from the last 2 weeks, I realized that we have really been on the GO! No wonder I am a bit tired this evening and no wonder Adam and Aggie took 3 hour naps on Sunday!

However, then I began to realize that this is our life and trying to manage all of our family, work, and community commitments can really be a struggle. We have been home 2 months, and quickly Lee and I have felt stretched to near capacity. Now, a lot of this is adjusting to our new routine and organization, but do I dare share the story about how I drove Adam and Aggie all the way to day care and Aggie didn't have any shoes on? Ugh, I was late to work on that day!! or how Adam walked around with a price tag still on a t-shirt he was wearing? Eeck! (although a really good buy at $1.99!) It's during times when dinner is burning, children are playing with dog food, juice is spilling on the carpeting, and socks are being thrown into the toilet that Lee and I start to recognize we are coming "un-glued", so to speak. But, recognizing is the key word and I am thankful that I have a husband who says "honey, I will finish up here." or I tell Lee "grab a beverage and go sit on the porch, I'll handle this". The two of us have decided that in order to stay "glued" we are awarding each other with a "night off". The individual with the night off gets the opportunity to do to whatever they want after work. My night was last night and with a little encouragement from Lee to enjoy myself I had a great chicken, artichoke, spinach, and tomato panini at Panera Bread and a delightful walk through the outlet mall. As I decompressed, I realized that I really missed my kids! Even though 24 hours prior I was thinking I needed at least a 2 week vacation from them I couldn't wait to get home and finish my evening routine of sneaking into their rooms and pulling their blankets up around their sleeping souls and kissing their foreheads. Yes.....we are on the GO, but we are GOING forward glued together. How do you stayed glued?

8 comments:

KK said...

Adorable! I love Aggie's face with the mower.

Tom and Kara said...

You two are so good to each other, I love it! It was SO GREAT to meet you all last week, great picture :)

Anonymous said...

My, you have been busy. I'm not sure if I like the redreck pool or mowing the entire lawn for hours better. They both gave me a great laugh!

Ramie said...

It is so fun to see you as a family. It does look like you are keeping oh so very busy. I love that you embrace each day and that you help each other out....they are so lucky to have parents who are on the same team. Thanks for sharing

sarah said...

I'm with Julie - that garage pool and those lawn mowers are great! :)

Staying glued isn't always easy. Sometimes it is hard. That's the part no one really tells you... But you guys make a great team! And having each others back is what makes it all work.

You guys did an awesome job last weekend of keeping those kiddos entertained and occupied in an area not fit for little kids! (Hello, big drop-off into Lake Michigan! Can you tell it was the lady with two big kids who picked the spot to meet up!?!?) If you can handle that, you can handle anything. :)

kelly said...

I love the pool in the garage, too funny!!!

James and Melanie said...

I love the pictures! BJ sat on my lap and watched them so closely you would've thought that they were his long last brother and sister! He kept saying Wow! and Look! as if he knew exactly who they were! So cute and maybe he does! LOL! Way to go on sharing responsibilities! It's vital as parents especially those of us who jump in "head first" rather then getting our toes wet and working our way in! There's nothing like having no children to going right to toddlers! Blessings!

Heidi said...

What adorable pictures! I loved looking at all of them. How awesome that you were able to take the kids to a Polish Festival. I think it's wonderful that you are both so helpful to each other and make sure each other gets some time to relax.