Saturday, June 9, 2012

On Our Way to Poland ~ Again

Yes, it's true. We are On Our Way to Poland ~ Again. We may be crazy and out of our minds to some, but for us God is sending us to Poland to complete a family. Months ago my heart was really speaking and tugging with the thought…"what would Lee and I do if Adam and Aggie had a sibling". I ignored it multiple times because I was sure others would think I was crazy. When I finally spoke with Lee, I was surprised he was open to having a heartfelt conversation about it. I think our discussion may have lasted about a week, but we finally decided that we would not adopt again. However, if we were presented with a referral for a sibling we would proceed immediately to keep the family together. Meanwhile, fast forward to the end of May when a call came in from our previous agency. "There is another child, a sibling, are you interested?" A burst of tears proceeded an overwhelming and enthusiastic Yes! I have never been so sure of an answer as I was at that moment. In retrospect, I am sure God was whispering months ago… "Be Ready, Be Prepared I am taking you on another journey". I don't have all the answers as to how we are going to manage this; traveling with 2 toddlers, financially affording this outrageous process, and mentally entering the "waiting" game again. But we have already seen Him working in our lives and bringing us all together. So, today we officially announce we are back in the game!

12 comments:

Laura and Brian said...

Cool!! I knew it, I just knew it! So happy for you :)

kelly said...

Congratulations! So excited for you all!!

Jennifer A. said...

Wow! Exciting! I hope the process runs smoothly! Congrats!

Shelly said...

Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful. I can't wait to hear more.

sarah said...

Yay! So very exciting for your family!

Tom and Kara said...

Martha, that's amazing!!!! Awesome. I am so happy for your family! I can't wait to hear all about the newest kid!

Jennifer said...

soooo excited to see this.

James and Melanie said...

Oh my goodnes! So it does happen!!!! I've often thought about it too, but did't really think it occured much!! Oh, I can't wait to hear more! Age, boy or girl, etc.

Heidi said...

I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear details!

The Jamisons said...

Wow! Congratulations!! God was definitely getting you ready :)

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

This is fantastic news!!! I'm so thrilled for you guys. You must be truly excited to expand your family. And the best part - you're keeping the biological siblings together! Good luck on your new journey and I hope you continue to post updates.

K-A-J & T said...

That is truly amazing!! Congrats, we will be praying for you!