Monday, July 30, 2012

Paper Work Complete

A quick note to document that we sent all our dossier paper work into our NY Agency, mailed the I-800A and filed the paper work for Adam & Aggie's US passports. Whew! It took two months and it wasn't all that bad the second time becuase I had made copies of everything from the first go around and didn't have to spend a week trying to figure out how to Apostille documents. Our one hick up was our apostilled documents from the state of Wisconsin sat over night on our porch after the Fed Ex man delivered them while we were at work and well…..it rained. Re-Do! Clearly, that would have NEVER happened the first time around because I would have been watching like a hawk, but it is what it is. There were no short cuts to take that we discovered and I laugh becuase we will even have to get our finger prints taken again. As far as I know they are still the same……..except they expired! LOL! We have requested (although we haven't received confirmation) one trip vs. two and plan to take Adam and Aggie with us. The challenges will be great, but the rewards will be too so we decided to go for it and plan accordingly. Everynight we include our baby sister in our bedtime prayers and ask God to watch over her and ensure she knows we are ALL coming soon!

8 comments:

K-A-J & T said...

Yeah! I still can't believe you are going back to get their sibling! What a great thing to be able to keep the family together!!

Heidi said...

How wonderful! It sounds like things are going pretty quickly. I think it is great that you are able to request one trip instead of two. I did not know that was possible. I hope it is approved. I love that you are taking Adam and Aggie with you.

kelly said...

Your progress is so exciting! I also hope your one trip is approved!!

Tom and Kara said...

Good news!!!!!! One step closer to your baby!

James and Melanie said...

So Happy to read your update! Wow! Things are moving at a great pace!!! Did I read "baby sister" in your post? Ooooh that's so exciting! Adam and Aggie will do okay. You have God at the wheel! You're in our prayers!

cathy said...

Congratulations on your upcoming adoption. We are currently in the process as well. I'd appreciate if you may add our blog to your list as well. We are at: threeiscompany3.blogspot.com. Thanks!

sarah said...

I am just so excited for you guys! Adam and Aggie have to be over the moon. What a journey for your family.

Jennifer A. said...

I'm so thrilled for you all! Here is hoping for one trip!!! And...maybe we will see you in Poland?! :)