Thursday, September 13, 2012

USCIS Approved!

From original call at the end of May to Mid September for USCIS Approval..3.months, numerous trips to Fed Ex, mounds of copies, and 4 vacation days from work to accomplish it all. Not bad, however, in the grand scheme of things I know we all believe this process could benefit from a major reform. In such an electronic world, WHY are we still dealing with so much original paper? I will admit the second time around everything was easier (except for our small homestudy snafu and oh, yeah, when we left our appostilled documents on the porch overnight and it rained LOL) becuase we knew what to do, but….. there is a still a child Waiting for governments to say You are Approved! There are days when I am motivated to "take on the system" and build better efficiencies in this process and then there are days when it's just overwhelming. But above all else, I truly believe the best resources we have are with each other. Together we can "take on the system" by sharing best practices and secrets with each other! It's a joy to read each of our stories, to help celebrate our triumphs and offer support in our defeats. Hang in there everyone in Adoption Blog World! In my opinion we are ALL already approved becuase a child awaits and our hearts and home are wide open.

4 comments:

kelly said...

Yay! Another step closer :)

K-A-J & T said...

I am so excited that you received your approvals!
I completely agree about the need for efficiencies! There were times I wanted to say “move over and let me do it”. It sounds like you and I have the same mentality.. Just get it done!

Congrats again and we can’t wait to hear more!!

Heidi said...

Yay!! Awesome news!! Have you heard yet if you have to take one trip or two?

Bethany Sachs said...

May I ask what agency you are using? Thanks.