Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Little Cabin Fever in an apartment in Poland

During the last week we have developed a little cabin fever for good reason.   We had to take the Gem to a pediatrician because a cough developed that worsened and had me very concerned.  The outcome?
 Bronchitis and a severe inflamed throat and a lot of different medications which we  had to look up on the Internet to know the active ingredient and how to administer!    I yearn to call our pediatrician at home and talk so she can work her magic with the Gem and help put me at ease.   I trust those who are helping us to provide care for the Gem are doing everything  they can and everything I have since read on the Internet says Bronchitis needs TLC the most.   Lee and I can provide this and we will with all our heart.

The High for the week was tonight.   The Gem was unusually active at bed time (which I thought was a good sign) and reached out to Lee and I and grabbed our pointer fingers and tugged.   We both got up and walked.   Really, we followed and went on this magical  trip through the apartment. The bond for  me, at least increased by 100 times  and I felt such honor to hold her trust in my hand.   What a moment and what a memory.  As my brother-in-law would say.......Enjoy making Memories!!   Oh, we are!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

What a special moment and memory when she grabbed your fingers to walk around the apartment. How sweet! I can't wait to see pictures of your precious gem! We actually did call our pediatrician in the US from Poland a couple of times to ask questions about medications one of ours was on, etc. He was a lot of help even across the ocean and the conversations on the phone helped him to be well prepared for their first check up.

kelly said...

How sweet!! I remember how scary it was giving medications to our little guy.

Tom and Kara said...

Love!!! Our little guy used to do that to us too when we were first in China. I remember it felt like electricity going through my body straight to my heart when his little hand would grab my finger.

James and Melanie said...

OH My! She sounds adorable! I"m so happy to hear she's getting adjusted. I will be praying for your other 2 gems and you both as well! Oh and back to your other post, my son at 19 months was getting "only" formula when we went to bring him home. They would put some cereal in it, but those bottles were his primary meals! No wonder he was only 15 pounds! However, once he was in our care, he refused the bottle all together!

Julie said...

Thinking of you and missing you all. We played Gift of Hope today and I thought of you, in all the hopes and dreams that are coming to fruition. How is everyone doing? looking forward to your next update. Love and prayers to you all! Julie

Elizabeth Grant said...

Hello Martha!
Its Elizabeth from La Petite. I was thinking about how much I missed Aggie and Adam and was trying to find a way to contact you when I came across this blog. This is truly inspiring and beautiful. I am so happy to hear everything is going well, and that there is a new little one in your life. Yay! She sounds so precious. I just wanted to say hello. Wishing you the best!