Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A field trip to Homeland Security


I thoroughly expected my finger tips to be BLACK for this post! I was all excited about showing them off as "proof" that Lee and I had really gone to get our BIOMETRICS done. Oh well! Now, my job will just have to wonder if I played hooky for the afternoon!!
Lee and I had a nice afternoon driving downtown and exploring the city a bit. We found a great deli and enjoyed a delicious grilled roastbeef, cheese and sweet red bellpepper panini. Yum! We were prompt for our 3 pm appointment and only had to wait a few minutes. The finger printing process was very interesting. They roll each of your fingers out on a flat surface, kindof like a Xerox copier and the image appears on a computer screen. The staff then presses a button with their foot and a picture is taken which appears on the screen. I seriously really wanted to ask a bunch of questions, but do you know the feeling when it is best just keep your mouth shut to avoid raising suspicion? I kindof felt that way. The security guards were probably profilling us and I wanted to shout out "We are ADOPTING and We are SOOOO Excited!!"



This is the Homeland Security building in downtown Milwaukee. Since I couldn't bring my camera inside, I asked Lee to drive past so I could take a picture. Well, this UPS truck pulled up right as I was about to take the picture! Which was probably a good thing because there was a security guard standing out front and I am sure he would have looked at me funny while taking pictures of the federal building! I was taking my time snapping a lot of pictures when Lee said so sweetly "honey, will you please get into the car now?" I love him for wanting to keep me out of trouble! Again! It is all for the blog and to document the Journey! Stay tuned......Polish Fest is 2 weeks away. The research possibilities will be endless!

4 comments:

James and Melanie said...

I know what you mean about those "fingerprinting people." The first time we had it done, I seriously felt like a criminal or an illegal alien. They weren't very friendly at all! Oh well, at least they were quick. Congratulations on your next big step!

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

Yay! I finally found someone who shares my love of photography. Just wait until you have kids. It only gets better!
Would love to share my blog with you. Email me at email.mybrid at gmail.com

PolishMom said...

Hello!

I just found your blog and realized you're in Wisconsin (as my family is as well)! We have adopted from Poland 3 different times. If you ever want to get together and talk...just give us a shout (my e-mail is on my blogger profile).

We'll also be at Polish Fest this upcoming weekend (on Saturday) if you'd like to meet up!

Congrats on getting started on your adoption journey!

Jeff and Debbie said...

You are sooooo lucky! I miss those Milwaukee Fest's.

Can you feel the excitement building as you get closer?!