Monday, June 22, 2009

Here we are at Polish Fest 2009 held at the Henry W. Maier Festival Park in Milwaukee. First and foremost, we had a blast with our family and clearly a very close 2nd were ALL THOSE PIEROGIs & POLISH SAUSAGES !!! .....and cold beer, but we won't go into that!

The Polish Dancer's were amazing and full of incredible energy! Even at almost 90 degrees they smiled and kept us entertained.

I really have no idea what kind of warriors these are, so I guess I will have to keep reading up on my Polish history.

Non-Stop Polka from 12 noon to Midnight is what the festival advertised and they weren't kidding! It went on and on and on all day and on multiple stages!

Here is our Family!

Clearly, I really liked the Polish Dancers! This was the Syrena & Syrenka Polish Folk Dance Ensemble.

This was Stas Venglevski - Accordionist. One of his songs was the "tornado" polka becuase of how fast he played. Which was ironic because a real tornado had been reported in the area the day before!

The family again...I think they are getting tired. Who wants to POLKA????

Don't we look like "Fun-Parents-To-Be-Someday?"

Truly the Milwaukee lake front is beautiful and Maier Park is a great venue. The lake breeze was a life saver!

ahhhhhh......Just one more!!!

Okay, last one I promise. They just look like they were having so much fun!


I saved the best for last...Through this blog, Lee and I made a connection with a couple who adopted from Poland on three seperate occasions. We met at the fest and had the privledge to meet them and their family. When I had said the research possiblities would be endless at Polish Fest, I never imagined we would discover a live referral! They were wonderful people and I hope we meet again at Polish Fest 2010 with our children! Wouldn't that be something?

5 comments:

James and Melanie said...

What a blast! That really would have been something to see and experience! James and I were considering heading up to Chicago for a weekend to go their "Polish Town." We were told that the second highest "Polish/American" population is in Chicago. I'm sure it won't be as much fun as what you experienced! (They're probably not dancing on the Chicago streets!) Maybe we'll head to the Polish Fest 2010 next year as well!

Kristin Fitzgerald Buchta said...

Ok, came of my feedreader to leave first UNKO comment. Looks like you guys had a blast!! Not sure I would be a fan of the polish sausage, but the beer I could do :)

See you soon!

Jeff and Debbie said...

What great looking and fun parents to be you two are!

Hey keep me in mind when you do 2010 Polish Fest. Jeff & I are origanally from Milwaukee and try to get back as often as possible. What fun for us Polish adoptive parents to get together and meet.

Praying for a quick referral for the two of you!

Ginabean said...

Hello Beautiful Parents To Be!
Thanks for posting photos and sharing the Polish Fest Weekend! It was a great time - but then again - it's always a great time with both of you. You are two people I admire dearly for your appreciation for life. Family experiences with both of you is always a joy! Just think - we will get to share the joys of Polish Fest with another Weyers sitting at the picnic table waving hands and flashing cheesy smiles while mom takes the pics! HA! I love it!
Gina

PolishMom said...

Martha & Lee -

We had a great time meeting with you at Polish Fest! We will be praying that next summer we'll be meeting your new family! Keep us in mind if you ever need anything...

Oh, those warriors? They are Polish Hussars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_hussars