Sunday, July 26, 2009

Polka Days 2009 in Pulaski, WI




Lee and I found ourselves this weekend in Pulaski, WI watching the Polka Days Parade. Polka Days is a festival that has been in existence since 1978. It wasn't a Rose Bowl Parade.....it was Better! Where else other than the good 'ol Midwest can you find as many John Deer Trackers and 18-Wheelers as there were spectators! And Lot's of Polish Sausage and Brats! The best part was again spending time with each other and our family. The second best part were the Combines. Seriously, have you ever been up close to one? The are gigantic!
We continue to wait for a referral and are enjoying the summer! Next weekend, MAY be a camping weekend - we'll see.
Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

Jeff and Debbie said...

Martha, what a great way to spend the summer, soaking up Polish culture!

We did take our laptop on the first trip but could only use it when in the larger cities such as Warsaw & Wroclaw. When we were in the smaller town for our bonding period we went to cyper cafe's and had to use their desktops. I would not have brought it if I had known this.

That being said, we are taking it on trip #2 because the apartment we're staying in in Warsaw provides internet service.

Shelly said...

Hi Martha,

By chance, I received your question on my blog (we rarely check it anymore for comments, but was pleasantly surprised to find yours). You had asked about transition time. We were lucky. Michal was up 20/24 of the hours it took to get home. We got home around midnight, we put him to bed and he woke up the next morning at 7am. That was his transition. If you have any more questions my email is sdowding7@gmail.com (I check that more ofen). I sent an email to your yahoo account, but you may not have received it. Looking forward to hearing more about how your journey flourishes.

Shelly

PolishMom said...

Martha -

Can you do me a HUGE favor?? The photo of the PHS float has my girls in it! My camera batteries died right before the float came by us (of course!) so I didn't get any photos of them. Could you send me that photo?

I would really, really appreciate it!

Heather