Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Getting Ready to Turn the Corner

Over the past couple of days many have said "This is so exciting, how do you feel?" My first reply was a studdering "A, A, A, Aaaaaaa". My second reply to the question was "I am so overwhelmed!" and on my third reply I was lucky enough to send it via e-mail so I could articulate a little more precisely the exact emotions. But what are those exact emotions because there are so many? I think I have figured it out.......Do you know that moment just before you turn to walk down the aisle at your church and marry the man of your dreams? Now hold your breath as you recall the exhaustion from the months of planning every minute detail, the anticipation of turning the corner and seeing all your loved ones gathered to bear witness, the flood of memories of those in heaven but somehow knowing they are standing right next to you watching and encouraging your journey, and the Love of God beating so hard in your heart that you feel as though it could burst. Take that moment and stretch it out for 10 days and that is exactly how I am feeling. Lee and I are blessed and I can't wait to turn the corner.

12 comments:

kelly said...

Have an amazing trip!! I can't wait to read about all of the wonderful details!

James and Melanie said...

I know that it is nearly impossible to put into words the "feeling!" But I think you did a pretty good job! Enjoy the days to come! Your feelings of anticipation will never quite measure up to these moments again! May God bless you on your journey and I can hardly wait to read more!

Tom and Kara said...

You make me cry!!

Ramie said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip and don't forget about your blogger friends. We will be waiting by our computers for updates!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I second what Ramie said!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PolishMom said...

Perfect description!!

By the time we made it to Warsaw, I was almost in permanent panic attack mode. But, it's worth it when you finally get to the alter...the orphanage. Seeing those little ones for the first time, nothing can describe how great it feels!!

Have a safe trip!!! We'll be praying for you and your new family.

Shelly said...

My husband told me to sit down and read your blog entry because I was going to like it. I am so glad he did. I loved your description of what the wait-time feels like. It was dead on. Thank you for finding the words. Have an amazing trip. I can't wait to see pictures of your new family. God bless!

sarah said...

It all goes so fast, but it also moves in slow motion... Don't forget to exhale! (I think I held my breath for the entire plane ride up until the moment we met Chris.)

I'm so excited for you guys! Take in every moment as you turn that corner together... These are the milestones that stay with you for a lifetime.

Have a safe journey!

Julie said...

I am soooo very excited for the both of you. What an accomplishment, worth every ounce of effort you put into it. You are on your way to many firsts....Hold on tight to one another as you experience God's awesome expression of love. We(the Schmit's) are praying for you and can't wait to see pictures and hear the incredible stories!

Lee and Martha said...

THANK YOU EVERYONE for you Prayers and Support!
We are so Excited! I promise to post pictures as soon as I am able !!

Anonymous said...

I just realized that today is the day you arrive in Poland! I have butterflies in my stomach for you both! Tomorrow is going to be the most amazing day. We will be thinking of you.