Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dear Adam and Aggie,

We received wonderful news today!

We are On Our Way Back to Poland and will be there to give you both great big hugs on Monday, March 1. Words cannot express how excited we are to see you again! The time ahead of us as a family is one of a kind and we can't wait to embrace the beginning of this new chapter in our lives. There is a buzz of activity happening at the Weyers home right now. We are busy finishing our taxes, calling FMLA, arranging day care, handling loose ends at at work, making flight arrangements, pet arrangements, financial arrangements. We are preparing meals to freeze so we are ready for our return, we are making doctor appointments for you, we are gathering paperwork and necessary original documents, we are finishing the packing of our suitcases, and we are making sure that all our friends and family know how to connect with us while oversees. Lots to do!

We know that none of this is as important as getting back to Poland to love and embrace you. For we love you very very much. The memories we will create will be with all of us forever in our hearts, minds and souls! We are so blessed to be on this Journey to become your parents and welcome you to our family.

Love,
Mom and Dad

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I am crying with excitement rigt now!!! I'm so happy that you finally received your travel dates. This news is the BEST way to start my day! I'm so so so so SOOO happy for all 4 of you!

PolishMom said...

AWESOME!!! I have been thinking of your family often! I am so happy for all of you. I hope we get to meet Adam and Aggie at Polish Fest this year!

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

Fantastic news! So happy to hear you're on your way. Just don't forget to enjoy your last two weeks as "married without children." Sleep in on the weekends! Go see all the movies out there. Have dinner out as often as you can. Cherish these moments!!!

Tom and Kara said...

Finally Finally FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am for you Martha!!!!! 11 days!!!!

Jennifer A. said...

Yay - so much to do, and suddenly so little time!! Wonderful news. :)

sarah said...

Oh, my goodness... You have just made me cry at my desk, Martha!

I am so excited that you finally have your dates. Run around frantically, enjoy your time with your husband, and embrace that feeling in your heart that you are on your way to hug your little darlings!! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! This is great news, I'm so excited for you!

macioce said...

I read your post this morning and knew that no matter what happened it would be a great day. Thanks for sharing, you always no how to make me cry :) We are so happy for you and can't wait to follow you on this exciting part of your journey!

C Speh said...

Hooray! Have fun.... On another note, I second the sleeping in suggestion.

Tom and Kara said...

Thirteen hours later, I just wanted to say again how happy I am for you!!!!!!

Jeff and Debbie said...

Yay, like everyone else I am so happy for you guys. I know the excited feeling well (and maybe a little bit of panic) ;)

Before you know it, once you're home, all the waiting will be worth it and forgotten because you'll have your two little darlings to hug & kiss and enjoy as the gifts they are.

God Bless!

Lee and Martha said...

You ALL are the greatest! Thank you so much for your Support!

James and Melanie said...

YEAH! I've been waiting for this post! I'm so excited for you and it sounds like you have it all together! YOu will have such a great time and spring is on it's way so hopefully you won't have all that snow to contend with! I can't wait to read posts from Poland! God Bless You All!

kelly said...

Congrats!!!! In less than 2 weeks you will be with your children!! This is usch an exciting time, enjoy all of your time together!!

Shelly said...

I 15th the comments that have been made so far. What a wonderful time for celebration, exciement, panic (as someone else mentioned before) and hope. Your time has finally come. I too am so excited for you as you scury to get all of your ducks in a row before you head off to change your lives forever. God Bless.

Julie said...

I can't wait to see your excitement on Tuesday as you tell Jubilate!! We will celebrate with you every step of the way and be waiting with open arms to help when you return. 8 days and counting, Schmit's are so utterly excited for all of you!!!

Kelly Offer said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have been following your blog for a while... my husband and I want to adopt from Poland and your journey has really touched us. I am so incredibly happy for you both and wish you a safe and exciting trip!