Sunday, February 28, 2010

First Post from Poland...





It's simply like nothing I have ever experienced before in my life time. The buildings, the people, the history!



Yes, we even found the shopping mall!



We arrived on Friday morning about 11:00am into very deep fog and it felt like we fell out of the sky and landed immediately. We caught a taxi to the hotel and after a 3 hour nap, we headed out for dinner then came home and slept until the morning. We were exhausted because we had slept very little on the plane. On Saturday morning we caught the adventure bug and walked to Old Town. This is an amazing part of Warsaw with cobblestone streets and the most beautiful architecture. We even found a little pub and toasted to our final day of being "child-less". Then a trip to the hotel's hot tub helped the shin splints we developed from walking so much and the blisters we had on our feet. It was a sleepless night for me until my eyes finally gave in to the jet lag about 2am. This morning we headed to Olstzyn and made it safe and sound. I don't think I will ever get use to how they drive here.....Anything under 100 mph seems quite slow! We are resting and posting before dinner and will pick up the children tommorrow!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait until tomorrow!!! With the time differece, I know when I wake up in the morning you'll have your kids!! I am SO SO SO happy for you both! The pictures you posted are beautiful. I hope every part of your trip is perfect.
xoxo

Ramie said...

Thanks for sharing, I am so happy for you and can't wait to read more and see lots of pictures of the kiddos!

Tom and Kara said...

So glad you made it safe and sound. The pictures are beautiful, enjoy tomorrow!! I can't wait to hear more when you settle in with the KIDS!!! Take care!

James and Melanie said...

OOOH! I have lot's of questions, but first I'm glad you made it all safe and sound and to get out and explore on your second day there is quite impressive! I remember everything like it was yesterday! I know those strees well and we walked to Old Town several times, but never in sub/zero temps. So what hotel are you in and is that were you will stay or are they moving you closer to your children's orphanage? I can't wait to hear how the loving exchange will goes. I can only imagine that you're a bundle of nerves. How EXCITING! You're in my prayers!

sarah said...

Oh, how exciting! I can't wait to see more pictures of your little darlings!

Your pictures bring a flood of memories back to me -- we spent almost 5 weeks last year this time in Warsaw!

Lidia said...

So happy for you both. We are hoping the transitions go well for you all and we are looking forward to hearing more of your wonderful story! Take Care!

Jeff and Debbie said...

I'm giddy with excitement thinking of you seeing your children again and knowing they'll be coming home with you. Can't wait for more pics!

If you're returning to Warsaw, let me know, I have a few suggestions as I'm sure a few others commenting on the blog do too.

Many thoughts and prayers being sent your way!

Ginabean said...

It's 3:45 p.m. in Wisconsin right now and the sun is shining. I'm positive it's cuz God is so happy you got your children today!

kelly said...

Wow!! Can't wait for pictures & more details! Enjoy your time together in Poland :-)