Sunday, February 7, 2010

We Wait....

I have nothing to compare my feelings to that I am experiencing these days.... It's just about foraging ahead and meeting everyday head on. Some days I feel anxious about getting on a plane again because I hate to fly, some days it's sadness because I miss my children so much, some days it's anger because I don't understand why this process takes so darn long, some days it's worry because what if Adam and Aggie forget who we are?

I am a planner and I have been ready for weeks......

My Bags are packed and I trip over my luggage everyday.

"The Chair" sits ready and has been filled with batteries for weeks....

My Grandmother's sisters dresser has been refinished and stands ready.....

The seats are ready at the dinner table...


Sierra? She just wants to go in and out and in and out all day...

Our cat, Geisha, really just can't be bothered, but then again she is a cat....

The reason for our wait is out of our control and we remind ourselves to be patient everyday. We hope to be on our way to Poland early March. There is nothing that we "should be doing" but there is plenty of things we "can" be doing.

Lee and I CAN embrace our relationship and treasure every moment we spend together "pre" children, we can talk every day about the lessons we want to teach our children and the values we want to instill, we can ready our minds for the changes ahead, and we can Pray. Everyday, we can pray for guidance, patients and understanding.

oh, and one more...
We Can get use to seeing car seats in the backseat of our vehicles!!!! It's just so weird! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish we didn't live so far away from eachother! I can relate to every picture and every word. I know we would be great friends. Every little step is a learning experience whether we like it right now or not. Happy times are ahead!!!!

Tom and Kara said...

Seeing the carseats waiting in the car made my cry. The minute they see you it will be like you never left them, I'm sure. You are in my prayers that the travel date will come very soon!

Ramie said...

You always have such creative posts....all of the empty chairs made me a little sad....but the thought of those chairs being filled with Adam and Aggie made the sadness disappear and put a smile on my face (Vito's too.) It sounds like you are at peace that it is out of your control right now, and that it is all part of the plan. That is a beautiful thing and shows how strong your are!

C Speh said...

That in between time seemed to be the hardest and our wait was a little shorter since we were under the old process. I'm hoping you do get to go in early March (or sooner). The pictures are priceless. You should include them in a new book that you bring with you to show the kids their new house. Those pictures helped our daughter feel at home as soon - as she got home.

sarah said...

Oh, those car seats... They got to me too!

I hope, hope, hope that you get that phone call soon.

Shelly said...

Martha and Lee, The hardest part in this whole process is waiting for that call saying that you are free to travel and get your child/children. As you mentioned, you trip over your suitcase everyday, and I am sure your heart feels the trip/tug everyday too. Why we are asked to wait for so long I will never know. These children need homes now. I wish so much that you two get the call so soon and that Adam and Aggie can sit in their car seats, sit in their seats at the dinner table, put clothes in their dressers and do all the wonderful things that you plan to do as a family. The adoption process is not for the faint of heart. Remember that your time is coming!

Lee and Martha said...

Thanks Everyone! I just wanted to add....Te, He, He.... that don't you just hate when you write a blog posting and there is a blarring typo. I must have read it over a 10 times, but still typed Patient instead of Patience!! Ha! I looked it up in the dictionary and I thought we ALL could relate to the definition... "The State of Endurance under Difficult Circumstances which can mean Perservering in the the face of Delay without becoming annoyed or upset" !!! Our pictures should be next to the definition or a second definition would be "Meet an Adoptive Parent!" Have a great day!!

Jeff and Debbie said...

I love your sense of humor. Try to hold on to it and it, along with faith, will get you through.