Saturday, April 24, 2010

I saw the sunrise in Kenosha, Wisconsin!


I saw the sunrise in Kenosha, Wisconsin on Friday morning and it was.....Stunning. Oddly, though, it didn't mark the beginning of our day. Our day started at 1:30am (8:30am Warsaw Time)!

After a very long 10 1/2 hour flight and 2 1/2 hours wait through customs and immigrations, we finally made it though the airport gates on Thursday around 7:30pm. My sister, nieces and of course, Lee had such a warm and wonderful welcome for us at O'hare! We drove home, enjoyed dinner and went straight to bed. Unfortunately, I forgot to re-set Adam and Aggie's internal alarm clock and little feet began running around at 1:30am! So, we were up and Adam! exploring their bedrooms, the house and new surroundings. We took our afternoon nap about 7:30am, but only slept for 1 hour! There is another word in the dictionary for "total exhaustion" and my face it pictured right next to it! At this point, we walked to the nearest park, played, met some neighbors and yes......we even made a trip to Target!! We would have driven there at 5:00am if they were open 24 hours because we only had ONE Diaper left for Adam!












The last 24 hours have been amazing!



There were a few adjustments we had to make right away!





And let's not forget......THE CHAIR!!! She loves it!



I just can't say enough how happy we are to be home and all together! We made it! Right off the bat, let me say how wonderful it is to drink water out of the faucet, turn my clothes dryer on, enjoy our wi-fi, use our dishwasher, watch the local news in English, and cook burgers and hotdogs on the Grill!! Ahhhhhh!

14 comments:

kelly said...

Yea!! Congrats on finally, finally being home with your children (and husband)!! Great pictures, everyone looks so happy!! We could drink from the tap in Poland, but I was so glad for my diet coke & ice machine :-)

Tom and Kara said...

1. I just thought about the chair the other day!
2. Um, hilarious when I noticed Aggie was standing in Lee's shoes.
3. It looks like they have already settled in and are enjoying their new toys!
4. Adam's brown striped pjs are adorable.
5. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be home. I'm so happy for your family!

sarah said...

Home, home, home!! Welcome home! I love that airport picture with your welcome wagon. :)

And, Martha, I remember your post before you left - the empty car seats in your car, the chair, the toys, the walk out window -- and look at your now! You have two gorgeous kiddos to fill their chairs and play with all the toys! So happy for you all!

Adoptive Parents of Three said...

These are such beautiful photos of the first day back. I am just so THRILLED for you guys! You have beautiful kids and a beautiful family. Enjoy your new lives.

Anonymous said...

Incredible, just incredible! I think Kara is my soul sister or something, because she is always saying what I am thinking. I thought about the chair this week too! It is just so wonderful to see you all home together. I am just completely thrilled to see this all happening.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I can not get over how cute the kids are. Now try and get some sleep. The kids will be back on schedule soon.

Heidi said...

Welcome home!! I am so glad you are finally home with your kids. The pictures of their first day home are wonderful. I just love the picture of Aggie in her Daddy's shoes.

C Speh said...

Hooray! So glad you are home. Everyone looks so happy - and I imagine exhausted. Good luck with the timezone changes.

Shelly said...

While I was reading your post, I found myself refelecting on all the past posts where you shared how you were preparing for your new family. Now they are here, Aggie is in her new little chair, and everything is as it should be. Congratulations to you being in your home with your new family. I am SO happy for you!

The Rzentkowski's said...

Welcome back! Your kids look right at home with everything. Love the pic of Aggie in the big shoes looking out side. Ahhhh, and to sleep in a real bed and not on a futon! That was our biggest thing.

Congratulations on completing phase 1, now enjoy the ride of phase 2 (parenthood)!

Hope to see you at Polish fest!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are home! I love the pictures. Congratulations to all of you!

Ramie said...

Martha......you were defiantly in our thoughts as you were trying to get home and we were trying to get to Poland. Of course I felt bad for you and Vito felt bad for Lee. You made the best of it and look now you are at home. Your family is home together safe and sound. I am so happy for you! Love all of the pictures.
PS we were told about who is going to be Miss Wisconsin in a few years :)

Lee and Martha said...

Thank you everyone!!!

James and Melanie said...

Yea your home! I love all the pics especially the one with both flags out front! I remember well how it felt to watch the news "in English!" Welcome home! There is certainly nothing else like it!